What if kids as young as four can create a circuit with a simple light and switch? Or program their own interactive stories and games? At Saturday Kids, they've created this course to give kids as young as four an introduction to electronics and programming. With littleBits, kids will learn how power, input and output bits work and experiment with different bits to come up with their own electronic inventions! With ScratchJr, children learn to solve problems and design projects, and develop sequencing skills that are foundational for later academic success.
- Understand the basic concepts of electronic circuits
- Get an introduction to inventing with electronics & come up with their own electronic invention
- Learn how to create and express themselves with the computer
- Use math and language in a meaningful and motivating context, supporting the development of early-childhood numeracy and literacy
- Camp runs over the course of 3 days
- This workshop will proceed with a minimum of 6 tickets sold.
- Saturday Kids will be filming and taking photographs of the children in their workshop. By registering a child's attendance at this workshop, parents/guardians grant Saturday Kids a perpetual licence to use the student's work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting their workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Saturday Kids' website or on our partners' websites.
- Course fee includes littleBits base kit worth $140 which your child can bring home.