Speech and drama can help develop a child’s self-confidence, social skill, character and personality. It also aids in encouraging the importance of communication through creativity and imagination. Through this, a child can begin to truly learn what it means to express themselves fully in the context of everything around them.
In this course, the children will be exploring the English language using many dramatic methods. These include story telling, rhymes, poems, mimes and plays. Many new and interesting teaching aids will be used to enhance this exciting experience. Through this creative outlook, the children will be able to grasp the English language with ease and confidence, while continuing to become a more independent individual as the weeks go by. The speech and drama lesson will be divided into 5 categories.
1. The first will be music and movement, where the children will learn the English language through singing and dancing.
2. The second topic will aim to develop the fine motor skills by varying methods including mime.
3. Reading aloud and learning about their voices for the third category will develop the language while also enhancing their hearing skills.
4. The variety of role plays that we will study in the next topic can aid to develop their creative and imaginative vision.
5. Finally, constructive drama games will encourage the children to develop their social skills, and ultimately leave the lesson a more confident and reenergized person.